Moms Supporting Moms ... in Business
Moms, you have the power to make a change!
Moms are not only responsible for over 80% of consumer spending, but they are also starting new businesses at a faster rate than any other group.
- Women-owned business increased by over 20% from 2002 to 2007. Men-owned busiensses increased by only 5%. Source: http://nawbo.org/content_11800.cfm
- As of 2007, Women-owned firms employed 7.6 million persons (6.4 percent of total employment) and generated $1.2 trillion in receipts (3.9 percent of all receipts). Source: http://www.census.gov/econ/sbo/get07sof.html?12
With a challenging economy and a need to focus on family, moms are finding unique ways to supplement family income.
It's time for moms to support other moms in business the way we do in motherhood. The compassion we feel when we meet a mom in need of encouraging words at the check out line, or struggling to quiet a fussy toddler at a restaurant, is the same kind of compassion and connection moms have in business. We get what the other mom is going through: how she has to juggle work and family, sacrifice financially, and learn along the way. We're here to provide a platform for that support.
There are plenty of sites for sharing about struggles with teething, how to positively discipline, what healthy things to cook for dinner, and all other things "mom". This is NOT one of those sites. We're here for business. Whether you are looking to earn a little cash online, monetize your blog, start a local service business, create a charity, invent the next million-dollar product, or build an empire of successful franchises, we're here to support you.
Mompact is all about moms supporting moms in business. If you want to support other moms by being a customer of a local mom business, buying products invented by moms, or contributing to mom charities, we can connect you.
Ways to Support Moms and get Support
- Buy products by Moms, for Moms or list yours
- Seek out Mom-owned local businesses or list yours
- Support Mom bloggers or learn how you can monetize your mom blog
- Contribute to mom charities or share one.